20 May 2009

love

some people tell me i say love too quickly. use the word like i give out my name. im easy, and maybe sometimes im too easy when i give out my love. but no matter what, everytime i say the word love i mean it. and if you say it back to me, then i will take it at face value and believe that you mean it too.

some people take love too seriously. they wait their whole life waiting for that special person to share their love with. they miss out on a good thing because they're too caught up with their 'love' that they don't see that the bes thing for them is right in front of them. maybe they're afraid to say the word because they feel they don't know the person well enough to truly say they love them, but i don't have that problem.

love for me is not that big of a deal. yes i want love, i want to feel loved, i want to be loved, but if i don't love myself then none of this matters. do i love myself? yes, but at times i don't and i hate myself for that.

some people tell me that i say the word love too loosely. that i couldn't possibly love someone because i dont know all the faucets of their personality. that i oculdn't possibly love someone because ive never met them. that i couldn't possibly love someone because i've only known them for a day. but to all o them i just say fuck that. i know if i like someone within five minutes of talking to them. whether thats a good or bad thing i don't know, but its served me right these last nineteen years of my inebriated life.

some people say my biggest fault is i let people in too easily, that i give my love away before i demand my respect. but thats just how i am. if i say i love you then i mean it. it doesn't mean i'm in love with you, it just means i love you and maybe i could be in love with you. it means theres something about you that i want to get to know. you're a great person and im glad to have you in my life.

is love real? have i ever been in love? do i even know what love is?

to some people it is. to some people im foolish for believing i have. and to some people i'll never know. but to me the answer is yes.

3 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Makes perfect sense to me.
G =]

Aek said...

I dunno, but I think I'm one of those people who gives out their love a bit reluctantly or hesitantly. Then again, I am waiting for that "feeling of love" I hear so much about.

J said...

if youre being relunctant then its harder to come by