05 May 2009

i tend to lose my car

I tend to lose my car on a daily basis. Sometimes I recover quickly and realize where I parked it. Other times I'm not so lucky. Today was one of those days. I left my dorm, walked down the stairs, crossed the street, and entered my parking lot. Headed towards where I parked my car and noticed the spot was empty. My car was gone.

The first thing I always think when I get into this position is what happened to my first car, and then I get a little flustered. I think my car is towed, I jump up and down for a second, then I tell myself to think. I think for a bit and and start pressing the panic button in all directions. If I can't hear the car then I assume its been towed. Its a reasonable assumption since I owe UGA a 40 dollar parking ticket and they're known for towing and putting boots on people's cars, like a 12 o'clock class on Wednesday.

After a few minutes have passed I give up the search for my car and begin heading back to my dorm, with my head hung low. "Dammit, moms is gonna be mad" I think but in the corner of my eye I see a familiar piece of furniture. It's my car. Turns out I parked closer than what I thought I did. I hop in the car, head to the dining hall, and notice Posh is calling me. I answer and have a thirty minute conversation laughing my ass off.

All is well in my post acceptance world. Things are truly looking up.

currently listening to:Breathe Me-Sia

12 comments:

x! said...

:D! LOL

Seth said...

I dunno what that post (which you must have deleted) was about - moving the blog? Anyway if you need help let me know.

J said...

yeah im contemplating either moving the whole blog or starting a new one, but im not sure which is what that post was about

Seth said...

Why, exactly?

You can save all your blog posts as xml files, and generally can import them to another blog servies (ie: wordpress) from what I understand. Not sure about the template and design tweaks and so forth. If you are just moving to a new Blogger blog, its incredibly easy too.

In fact you SHOULD be backing up all your blog anyway :)

Aek said...

Wow, you've gotta put a mental leash on that car of yours.

And why do you want to move your blog? It'd be annoying trying to follow you elsewhere. o_O

a.b. said...

I hate when I lose my car... I try to park in the same place every day at work so that doesn't happen.

BTW, LOVE the 'currently listening to' song!

J said...

yeah, i try to do that but depending on how late i decide to go out and drive around its sometimes hard to do that, and i stole the song from you

S said...

Get the alarm with the remote that guides you... (does that exist?) or GPS (iPhone has an app for this...) or paint your car a vibrant color.

I've walked up and down the parking structure at school (5 stories!) because I forgot I parked outside of class and not in my space

BTW, I wish had Javier too ;)

J said...

i wish i had an iPhone but im stuck with fuckin alltel, maybe ill get one when i move to cali cause i dont think alltel exists out that way especially since verizon bought them out. they barely exist here now.

Sethy said...

hehe... I am like a.b., I try park in the same place cos I tend to forget where I park too.

I once actually reported my car stolen, only to find it the next day miles from where i thought i had parked it. Embarrassing....

J said...

i guess i dont love my car enough to do that, because i never think its stolen i always think its been towed and i never think to call the cops my first thought is always "what the fuck yo" and then "how can i handle this without the moms finding out" with a "dammit im broke, i cant afford to get my car back" and then i usually start jumping up and down and freaking out a little

catchingupat20 said...

Yeah, we have a surface parking lot, with less than 200 spaces, and I have the same problem. Just wandering across the pavement like a idiot lol.