08 April 2009

letopho on being 19

I was chatting with this 27 year old and I fell to the floor when he said he wasn't out to some of his Christian friends and that he focused on school while he was college. WOW! A "new gay" in his late 20's! HOW RARE!

I'd say the magic number is 19.
When you're 19, you're young and beautiful and horny... but romantic. You get your first boyfriend and you cheat on him. You're EMO because you really did love him and you're a better boyfriend the second time around because it's "out of your system."

19 is when you make the transition from being BI to full on fabulous, fierce and/or if-you-like-it-then-you-should-have-put-a-ring-on-it. Being gay is fun and the community is supportive. You fuck everything and everyone and it's okay because all of your friends are cute and 19 and equally horny. You discover alcohol and it's tool. Sleeping over means messing around and and sex is so fucking easy. And you're proud that all of a sudden you get all this attention. You chat and meet up with new people as if you're meeting your best friend. It feels soooo good and all you want is more more more more. You collect gay friends like you're collecting pokemon and you can't get enough because it's so fun... and "who you are."

19. Is a dangerous age.
(or rather, when I was 19, I was dangerous)

So I've recently discovered letopho, but I alread know that when I grow up I wanna be just like him. He's what I aspire to be, not only in blogger land but in real life. Because his observation on being 19 is spot on. I can relate to everything he says in the above quote, except for maybe the collecting gay friends like Pokemon cards. I'm too far in the closet to start collecting them. So I guess this is the defining year of my young bi life, eh. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

4 comments:

x! said...

He is a great guy.

Cash said...

lol. Can't say that sounds familiar Though I'm sure it is way common. Fun.

Aek said...

Lol, 19 was an unimpressive year for me. I guess if I were to place myself on a scale according to the timeline above, I'd be nowhere near 19. :-/

S said...

Me in a year. Except finding gay friends is hard.

I showed this to my friend C and he screamed and laughed. He fucks everyone, has a BF who knows he fucks everyone and hes turning 19 in a few weeks.