20 April 2009

i think im killing my mom

Life has been going great, things have been settling down, and school is coming to a close. So I haven't been posting as much. I'll start a post, and never finish it, I even tried doing a 100 Things post and made it to number 1 and went blank, so yeah I guess that's a good thing.

I have a new friend though. Lets call her Posh, cause she's been been obsessed with the Spice Girls since before there was the Spice Girls. She has all the barbie dolls, all the platform shoes, and has been to all the concerts. She's obsessed with them, but its one of those weird quirks that makes her so damn lovable. Oh, and she's a runner. Not one of those "i think i will go for a run today" types of runners like me, but a real runner. She hikes trails, does marathons, and can even fly a plane. I think she's gonna take me flying one day and then for a picnic. But yeah. I think I love this girl.

We've been in color comp together since January, but I've only recently developed an attachment to her. There's just this thing about her that makes me smile and I'm always having fun when she's around. She's just one of those types of people. But I guess the reason I decided to blog about her is because I came out to her today. Didn't plan on it, wasn't anticipating it, it just sorta happened. We were talking about me going to Cali and why I waited so late to have this drive to actually try and make it a reality and I told her.

There were some things goin on, I was hoping to have this relationship, and things didn't pan out. So now I don't have a reason to stay.

She assumed I was talking about a girl, and I politely corrected her and said it was a guy . After that, we continued our conversation. This confirmed one thing to me. When I decide to come out to my high school friends I won't be sad if they don't accept it, because if these new people I'm letting into my life can accept the fact that I'm bi, then the old ones shouldn't care either. I also know how I want to come out to them. No more of the "i have something i need to tell you," that just makes me anxious and uncomfortable. Just slipping it into a conversation was a lot easier, and it just happened. Wasn't forced, and it felt good after saying it. But I guess the best thing about the day is the fact that Posh said if I wanted to stay with her for the Summer I could. I've only known her for four months, but she's already opening her home to me. Either I'm more EPIC than I thought or she's a great person.

I think its a little of both, cause I am pretty epic. Oh yeah, I THINK IM KILLING MY MOM.

Talked my mom this weekend. She finally got the memo that I'm trying to move to cali in the fall of 09 and not 2010. This didn't sit well with her, and as a result I think she's gonna die sooner than later. We talked three times this weekend and inbetween the yelling and sighs she hung up on me twice. The whole conversation was pretty hilarious and I wish I could put it on youtube because my mom is pretty funny when she's freaking out. The one thing I got out of it is she needs some anxiety pills to deal with the fact that her kids keep leaving her. But like I told her she still has her "favorite son".

Even if she doesn't want him anymore.

currently listening to: Sucka 4 Love-Danity Kane

2 comments:

inundated soul said...

sigh... we gotta talk LOL! you know you are a bit dramatic dont you with these titles. you think you're killing your mum - i mean whoosh a bit much no?
you really love to throw out the 'l-word' dont you; very liberal with your use of it. and you seem to become infatuated so easily but that may come from being in 'l-word' with the idea of being in 'l-word'. i think you are such a nice kind person but be careful ppl try to take advantage of others kindness perceiving it as weakness.
and dont make ''coming out'' an event or feel that you are obliged or obligated to. just do you and live your life and keep smiling because once you have your smile when you greet yourself in the mirror you will be alright! and dont be surprised if ppl you know longer than posh arent as nonchalant about it because since they have a history with you it maybe bigger shock to them and truth be told you can never tell with ppl; humans are a curious species.

just tell your mum once she keeps the lines of communication open things will be fine i mean after all its not like you going off to war and your not even leaving the country. your a big boy you need to spread your wings!

cheers bruh

N.B - where's my payment for the english lessons"

J said...

yeah i think we need to talk, cause i think you misread the first half of the post.

the titles i guess you could say they're a bit dramatic, but to me most of them are just funny. and why read a post if the title is boring. cause if you had a post titled "my day" i most likely wouldnt read it.

as for the "l-word" maybe to others i use it to freely, but theres more than one definition of love. no im not in love with this girl but i do love her. shes a great person and a great friends. we've really become close these last couple of weeks and if you knew her you'd understand why i said i loved her. i dont understand where the whole taking advantage from comes from, but she would never take advantage of me. if anything i would feel like i'd be taking advantage of her if i took her up on her offer to stay at her house over the summer.