01 April 2009

dreaming again

I'm not a superstitious guy, but I do believe in signs. I believe that there are signs all around us that tell us what we need to do we just don't take the time to notice them. But then there are those signs that are sent to us that they're kinda hard to miss.

I plan on moving to Cali in January. Don't ask me why, don't ask me why, just know that I am coming to Cali in January. And I believe this is where I'm meant to be for example. I have a fear of elevators. When I was younger I got stuck in an elevator in a building with 21 floors. I was in Texas, at a family reunion and for some reason the elevator wanted to play a game with me. I remember being scared out of my mind as I was trapped in this enclosed space for twenty minutes before some random guy was able to open the door when the elevator stopped on the 11th floor. And from that day on I stayed away from elevators.

There's only a couple of instances when I will get on an elevator. 1. its unfeasible to take the stairs and 2. I'm doing laundry. My dorm has four floors, a basement, and a sub-basement. I live on the second floor and the laundry room is in the basement, therefore I'm forced to use the elevator. If I don't use the elevator then I become this sweaty black guy carrying fifty pounds of clothing up and down two flights of stairs and the only time people ever wanna see a sweaty black guy is when he's naked. And then we all make an exception, because the sexiest thing in the world is having a naked, sweaty black guy lean over you.

So today I was so bored with my life I said to myself. Self, you have a research paper due in three weeks maybe you should do some research. And myself replied, J I think you're right. Lets head to the library and do said research. Only problem is, I've never been to the library before. So I call up Em, ask her where the library is, and start walking to it. I walk in the library, asks a librarian how to look up books, and I'm on my way, but wait there's just one problem.

The library has 7 floors, a basement, and a sub-basement full of books, and all the books I need are on the 5th and 6th floor. I mean I could walk, but I just walked to the library, so my only option is one of the three tiny, wood paneled elevators. I take a deep breath, wait for one to arrive, and in I go.

1st floor
2nd floor
3rd floor

everything is goin well

4th floor
5th floor
6th floor

The elevator stops, but the doors don't open. Great! I'm stuck in a fucking elevator once again.I call the operator and they say someone should be there in a second to see what the problem is. So I sit for a while and no one comes, but I'm okay because I'm just happy I haven't started freaking out yet. I calculate I have enough air to breath for a few hours and worst case scenario I can get my Peter Petrelli on and just fly out the top of the elevator shaft. But then I notice something.

I get off my but, get on all fours, and put my head close to the floor. Damn, the fucking elevator is made by OTIS. A couple of seconds later the doors open and I'm greeted by some blond tri-delta and a look of disgust. IM SO SORRY THAT I WAS STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR FOR TWENTY MINUTES AND I REVERTED BACK TO MY CAVEMAN WAYS. So yeah if that isn't a sign that I'm meant to be in cali attending Otis then I don't know what is. I even managed to take a pic of the floor of the elevator to show you guys.
---------
Sidenote, does anyone else believe in deja-vu. I do and I've been experiencing it a lot lately. I hade a case of it today in my english class, which I was late too. I don't know what they mean, but I know I have them a lot. And eveytime I have one I convince myself that I'm gonna start writing down my dreams, so I can look out for these deja-vu moments. But I never write them down so I can never look out.
-----------

Last but not least. My friend is on spring break and that means no more MSN conversations for him and I until he gets back. But this did allow us to finally talk on the phone. I must say its finally nice to put a voice to a face, and he made me feel better about my voice. He said I sounded exactly how he pictured me to sound so that made me feel good. He also said I sound like a cowboy, which I'm also happy about, because I hate when people call me country. Yes I'm country, but for so many other reasons and my voice isn't one of them. So saying I sound like a cowboy made me smile a little bit. The only other thing is he said I always sound tired when we talk. Which is probably true, because all our conversations are usually happening around or after 1 o'clock my time and I usually am tired. But I always lie and say I'm not, because I actually wanna talk to him and usually if you tell someone you're sleepy they get off the phone so you can go to sleep. So now you know, the reason I always sound tired when we talk, is because I usually am tired. ^__. Like right now, I told him I was going to sleep like 15 minutes ago and its 2:51 and I'm still not sleep. Maybe I should just hit the sack, close my eyes, and hope for the best.
-------------

OMG, I just realized today is April 1, which means its April Fools Day. YAY ME. April Fools Day is one of my favorite holidays if not my favorite. Its up there with St. Patrick's Day and Labor Day, you know the under appreciated holidays, but I love them because they don't involve seeing family or giving and receiving presents. But I don't wanna get my hopes because I was disappointed with my first St. Patrick's Day experience. Yeah, I saw a lot of drunk college students, but I see that almost every night. I was expecting to see hords of people wearing green, and that just didn't happen. So lets hope someone pulls atleast one April Fools Joke, even if its one of those lame ones where you tell someone you love/like them and when they say really/aww thanks you scream out April Fools.

3 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Elisha Otis invented the braking mechanism that made travel in elevators safe, and hence tall buildings became acceptable. So you were probably in the safest place you have been for a long time! And 'yes', I think seeing Otis on the floor was a sign for you.
Keep working hard on that portfolio!
G =]

call.the.shots said...

I love you J..............



AF. = )

Aek said...

You won't run out of air in an elevator . . . the vents kind of prevent that.

I was Rick Roll'd by my professor, and Barack Roll'd by my friend's blog. Yes, respect debuff of -1 to them.