01 April 2009

new name

I've been doing this blogging thing for seven months, and I'm not tired of it yet. What I am tired of is the name, Southern Inebriation. I came up with this name three years ago. I was sixteen, in the tenth grade, and just discovered what inebriated meant, and for some reason I fell in love with the word. Now I'm realizing I was only in lust with the word, and now that I have my permanent layout, I think its time for a new name.

Southern Inebriation just doesn't do it from me anymore. I'm okay with the southern part, but inebriation is kinda meh. I don't even drink, lol but I do get drunk off my thoughts so if I think about it that way its kinda nice. But I've been talking to a few people and we came to the conclusion that maybe it is time for a new name. One of the guys, never liked the name and ignored me for about three months until I finally broke him down and now we're close so he's happy I plan on getting rid of the title. The other guy can see why I want to change it and agrees its time for a new name. But so far I have no idea what to call my blog, so if you have a suggestion leave it in the comments.

Here are a few of titles I've come up with so far.

  • Philadelphia, just because none of my friends will agree to name their first child after a city
  • Wife Me Up, or Wife You Up, cause lets be serious, who doesn't wanna be wife'd up
  • I Think Clearer When I'm Sober, title speaks for itself
  • Its Britney Bitch?, because its ironic that its not? maybe,lol
  • Thoughts of an Undersexed Art Boy
  • Homeless in Georgia, cause I am
  • Does that Purple Comet Come With a Receipt, my favorite Kanye West line except he said something completly different yet I thought he said this for an entire week
  • SOUTHERN DIRTY TALK or MR.SEXY ASS VOICE, cause I mean who wouldnt wanna see that in flashing lights everyday
  • J or Jay or JA, just because I like the name J
  • All the Names You Called Out or Stumbled Through This Far, song lyrics but do you know fromm where?
  • Aint On the Fence About It, I Aint Mr.Feeney, come on it doesnt get any better than a Boy Meets World reference and lyrics from a Drake song
  • Small of My Back, because no one has yet to explain to me what the fuck this is
But seriously I need a new name. Give me one, and you'll get a night in either x or shots. I've talked it over with them and they said they're down for WHATEVER.

11 comments:

call.the.shots said...

SOUTHERN DIRTY TALK ftw!!!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!!1!!!

Aek said...

"Painting J's Future"
Has your name in it, is about what you do (art student), is about the direction of your blog (towards the future), and has a vague-ish reference to Heroes, which we both love to watch. :D

"J's Perplexed Brushstroke"
I just think this might sound kinda cool. :P

"Visions of Grandeur"
I don't know where this came from. Take it or leave it.

J said...

i've discussed it with x and we kinda like the southern dirty talk,

but i do like your second one Aek

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Journal Of An Adventurer

I claim my prize now - come on, you know it makes sense!

G =]

Windy City Sex blog said...

You need to determine what is the scope of your blog. If you want to make it sexual in nature then I like Thoughts of an Undersexed Art Boy or Southern Dirty Talk. If you want something that is more mainstream that can discuss sex but doesn't have to, which seems to be your blog, I like Ain't on the Fence About It. As enticing as shots or x may be, my choice is you as the prize.

J said...

awwwwwwwwww, i think you just made my day. ^_^

Windy City Sex blog said...

It should, shots has a nice cock but ur my guy

ScaredTriumph! said...

Damnit! I wish I could help... :( I just know I like the blog no matter what the name.

I mean look at the name of mine, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Stay cool.

J said...

i like the name unecerssary trepidation, but as you can see i just cant spell it, lol

a.b. said...

My vote is for Small of My Back... Obscure Blog Title WIN! lol...

Seriously though, Southern Dirty Talk is cool... or Down South Dirty Talk. I mean, you're changing it now because you're at a different point in your life. You can always change it again if it doesn't feel right.

Whatever you pick, we'll all still be reading. =)

J said...

yea, im leaning towards the southern dirty talk but i kinda like how down south dirty talk sounds a little better, i just have a lot of good memories involving the words dirty south and down south sounds sorta like that.

but i still havent figured out what the small of someones back is, lol