23 March 2009

life of an art student

I can remember last semester seeing all these kids with their big trendy scarves and their flashy sunglasses, with their face paint and weird clothes carrying their extra-large clipboards which were actually drawing boards and their art bins or tackle boxes.

I can remember staring at them all thinking that I wish I could be them. I wish I could wake up in the morning and not have to worry what I looked like cause I could always say I'm an art student so no matter what I wear it'll just get dirty.

I remember wanting to be those kids.

Well now I am one of those kids and if I do say so the life of an art student isn't as glamorous as they made it seem. Its expensive for one, and being the stingy guy I am I refuse to buy new supplies until I've exhausted all my resources. Those extra large clipboards I wanted to carry around is a pain in the ass, especially if you also have the tackle box with you. I mean there's only so much I can do with one hand. And the homework. Don't get me started on the homework. I mean I can only draw my face so many times, before I get to a point where I hate the way my face looks.

I mean have you guys ever really looked in the mirror and just diagrammed your face. I have and its not something I recommend. For one thing my head is a little wop-sided. It tilts to the left ever so slightly. One of my nostrils is bigger than the other, and one of my eyes is longer than the other. My beard, well its a beard and its just out of control. And then I have these little bags under my eyes, but thats only for the first hour of the day. After that they tend to disappear, but still I noticed these things.

But even with all of those negative things I wouldn't give this up for the world. Maybe for a free A in my art history class, but not for the world. Unless I could become the king of LA, then we could negotiate.

4 comments:

ScaredTriumph! said...

Lol, you are inspiring, I'm still contemplating whether i should skip class tomorrow....

no I can't I'm going to chicago the 17th. That's when I will skip.

Lol, and I'm sure your face looks fine. Everyone has those little things they look at... My hair is one of those things for me now I'm thinking about cutting it. *sigh*

Aek said...

I think many people think that about a lot of things.

You'd think being a biology major or a public health student is all super high-tech working in labs with really cool things. It's not. I sit there and scrape colon tumors off slides and then put them in little tubes. And public health, well, it's just classes. o.O

It's okay, I don't particularly like how my face looks either. I hate my hair and my forehead.

J said...

ummmmm, i love the way my face looks. its the sexiest face in the world, lol. im just tired of drawing it every waking moment of my life.

and mark you should cut it, i dont know what it looks like now but i was so happy when i cut my hair after three months, lol. i fekt like i could breath again. but now i play with my beard in class when im bored because my hair isnt long enough

call.the.shots said...

lol @ ur drawing face comment. seems fun to actually draw ur face. u can really get to know how u truly look.