09 February 2009

epic: the lies i tell myself

update:

Didn't wanna make a new epic post, for such a small update, but lets just say. I am a man. I just got finished talking to Al. We're cool. We're still friends. We're just not epic together. So give me three months and I'll see if I can make it happen. But we are friends.

Yay me.

And now back to your regular programming.

currently listening to: Open Happiness-Cee-Lo, Patrick Stump, Brenden Urie, Janelle Monae, & Travis McCoy
--------------------------

Attention: if you haven't read epic:who the fuck is al? then read it first. click the link or scroll down to the post below

Why must I lie to myself to feel better. I mean I wrote an entire post just a few minutes ago saying how great my day was. Which is true, but the whole Al situation just hit me again. And it hit hard. I don't have a lot of friends. I'm just not the type that likes to be surrounded by a lot of people. So when I connect with someone its a big deal. I let my guard down and let all my weird quirks shine.

So now that I'm able to really process what happened today, I'm starting to think that I'm not okay with how this is ending. I don't want it to end in a misunderstanding between he and I. I really like this guy, and hits based on a friendship I saw us having. I never had the intentions of being more than that with him. I really didn't. If at some point it evolved into a relationship then that would have been great, but I'm thinking he took it the wrong way.

The guy didn't even look at me. I mean I saw him glance my way once or twice, but mostly he didn't. And that really hurts. To know that in the matter of a weekend we went from having these witty conversations to being basically strangers and thats just not sitting well with me. But I have no clue what to do.

I really just wanna have a face to face conversation between the two of us so I can just straighten out the whole message I sent him. But I'm afraid to even approach him. Scratch that. I am gonna pull him aside Wednesday and straighten this out. I'm a fuckin' man now. I can't be lettin my emotions detur me from what I need and want to do in life. And I'm starting to see that now.

I know what I have to do, and I'm going to do it.

Damn, I really feel a whole lot better now that I've put this out there and for the first time in my life I'm not afraid of what tomorrow holds. I'm actually looking forward to it.

currently listening to: nothing but the voices in my head stroking my ego and killing that emo bastard that lives here

12 comments:

Tee said...

Aww.. :(

I read both posts, but I'm not really sure I follow. I believe that this "Al" guy is the bisexual from Facebook? In that case, I really hope that conversation you're planning to have with him this Wednesday is gonna work things out for you. I really do.

You know, the whole "I don't have much friends" part hit me. I believe I even felt a little tear in the corner of my eye. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I pity you.. I just recognize the whole situation you're in. I wish you the best, you deserve it.

Oh and about the "Huh? What did I just write?"-thing.. I had the same thing just a couple of minutes ago. I already removed the entry I had just published (and the list of movies that came with it). It looked horrible! Way too long! But yeah, Lucky Number Slevin is a very nice movie indeed. ^^

Take care J,
Tee

J said...

yea its the facebook guy i messaged friday,

x! said...

Don't let Al go. DON'T GIVE UP. I would confront him. Do it.

J said...

i dont need al when i have you

x! said...

But Al is really asian. I am a pretend Asian.

J said...

but you forget, mexicans are at the top of my list. always have been. everything else is just a phase.

and why are you never online when i am, it seems we always miss eachother

x! said...

Least he doesn't hate you. :)

Tee said...

Err.. J?

What just happened to "World in Motion"? It's gone? o.O

I'm asking you since you're probably the only one who might know something.

J said...

i have no clue tee, but it seems like a lot of blogs are shutting down for one reason or another.

but hopefully he'll be back

x! said...

Shutting down blogs is overrated. If you shut down yours I punch my babies.

J said...

i would never shut down my blog, because then i would kick you in your babies

realscore said...

Lesson in life:
Be true.