23 January 2009

letter from the editor

Dear Blogosphere,

Its been three days since I last talked to you. There were those naysayers out there that said I couldn't do it. They said that I would never resist the urge to spill all of my inner thoughts onto these here interwebs. Well I'd like to say I lasted three days, so ha. Take that ex-cybercrush/new best friend. Now onto the meat of the post.

I started writing this letter to express my deep joy I have for America right now. I was cynical about the fact that Obama would actually become the president, in the back of my mind I just saw him turning out like Kennedy did, but it actually happened and I can only ask myself one question.

Self, where else in the world can you have a half Kenyan, half white president with an Asian sister? Only in America.

I started writing this letter to express how happy I am that now when people look at me they may still see a guy who should be playing basketball, a guy who probably played high school football, a guy that will probably end up in jail, and a guy that when they see me their first instinct is to cross the road. I know there are still people that view me this way, but at least now when this happens I can always tell myself one thing.

Self, they're only looking at you and crossing the street because they see the 48th President inside of you.

But somewhere in that message of hope and happiness that I wanted to convey a feeling of hate and anger swept over my feeble mind. I looked up at the walls in my room and saw thousand of little British eyes staring at me. I got up and went to get some water and couldn't see my mini refrigerator. And all I could think of was how I could get away with choking out my roommate and not getting arrested. Trust me jail is not a fun place to be.

But the other voice in my head said no, talk to him first and then choke him out if his answer doesn't satisfy you. So thank you voice, because of you I'm not locked up right now. I got to go to the mall today and eat some Japanese food. Yum.

Last, but not least I want to tell the world that by this time next year I hope to be living in the LA area or atleast residing in California. I just feel like its time for a change. That and the fact all the cool people live in Cali, no body lives in Georgia. Trust me I know.

And I think Im falling in love, again. I think Im moving a little to fast and the thought is a little too forward for only knowing him for a day, but still. You gotta love a guy with some sexy ass lips and eyes.

Oh and I had this quote that a wise man once yold me about labels, but i cant find it so think of something inspiring and deep instead.

Peace Out,
J, the inebriated one

p.s. I don't know if I can do this but since this is my blog and i call the shots, i just wanna ive a few shout outs to a couple of people.

Whats up my Malaysian/Vietnam friend, I missed my Chinese New Year celebration tonight but I hope you have fun at yours Monday.

What it do New Zealand, its been a while but I can never forget.

and

What up Cali, I hope yal are preparin' cause I plan on taking over

1 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

mmm - 'British eyes'? Makes me think of Japanese snipers dug in for years after WW2 finished - too weird!

You're right - I would cross the street - but only 'cos I would just flirt with you otherwise!

Great day for America - and as you said, 'only in America'. This will be possibly the longest comment in history, but as you said about your blog, this is my comment, so I call the shots! The election of a relative newcomer to USA just underlines the sentiment carried in the poem that is engraved inside the Statue of Liberty, and I am sure it is still true:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame.
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”