15 December 2008

tropic thunder


Its around 1 o'clock and today is officially the last day of classes for. In a little over 13 hours I will be taking my music final followed by my portuguese final at 7. Its almost over and I feel like it just started. I mean over the last three days of preparing for finals I've managed to make two more friends.

It was weird how it happened, but I guess thats the story of my life. Since my microwave broke I've had to use the one in the kitchen on my floor and everytime I go in there, its always these same two girls studying. So I guess the small time I spend in there led to us laughing and joking about what everybody eats. I'm gonna miss them over the break and I just learned their names tonight and they can cook. So its kinda a bittersweet feeling.

But the main reason for this post is I just finished watching Tropic Thunder. I went into it expecting it to be just an average action comedy, but its way better than I expected. The ending is one of the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Maybe I should finally watch Pineapple Express and stop putting it off like I did with Tropic Thunder(watched the first 20 minutes two weeks ago).

I guess what made me smile the most was when Al Pacino turned out to be gay. I wasn't expecting it until right before it was revealed. It was a nice surprise I can't tell you the last time I saw a black character that was gay.

2 comments:

Zee said...

Tropic Thunder was an absolutely great movie. That's why I watched it twice. Pineapple Express is pretty decent too.

J said...

havent gotten a chance to watch it yet, but im sittin here watchin brokeback mountain with my roomate