22 December 2008

home

I'm back in my hometown again, but the joy that I'm feeling will only last for another twelve hours then I'm back to the coast to try and make a house my new "home". The short visit was well worth the three hour drive and I wish I could stay longer, but I can't.

The trip for me helped clear some things for me. I've said this a lot, but it can't hurt to say it again. My hometown is not where I'm meant to be. Its small, there's nothing there, and you would have to be crazy or content with the sub par and averageness to stay here. The only good part about this place is the friends I made, and the memories I made. I even drove back to all three houses I lived in while staying there. Two of them had people living in them, and I really didn't like that.

There's somebody sleeping in my room where I had sex at. There's someone bathing in my bath tub. Do they even know about the secret treehouse in the back yard? Probably not.

I also got to spend some time with Lush and D, the new odd couple in my life. Lush took me, D, and our other friend L out to eat. It was fun. We talked about a lot of things. Lush isn't much of a drinker anymore while D is starting to do more. At the end of the dinner we ended up on an hour long ice cream hunt. Which ended up with no one getting any ice cream except for Lush.

Another great thing to happen was I saw one of my oldest friends. Lets just call him W, but along with him and IV he was my first friend when I moved here back in the second grade. For the longest time it was me, IV, and W. We had sleepovers, took all the same classes, and hung out with the same people, but somewhere in middle school we got disconnected. Me and IV went in one direction and W all but fell off the face of the Earth.

So it was great running into him during the great ice cream hunt. It turns out that he had just gotten back from basic training and will be stationed in Cali after Christmas, before being deployed to Iraq sometime in February or March. He's changed so much since I last saw him. I was always the tallest of the three, but now he's taller than me and isn't the scrawny kid I remember. The only thing that hasn't changed about him is his red hair.


Off subject, it turns out that my first semester in college was a huge success. I think my GPA is a 3.33 and I made one A, one B+, two Bs, and an S(satisfactory) in Tennis. So I haven't lost Hope yet or my other scholarship. Yay me.

3 comments:

TNC said...

Congrats on your academic success. Keep the hope alive not only in academics and your abilities but in you becoming a wiser and stronger person through this coming out process.

Without hope, what does humanity have left?

thetruthaboutjay said...

loving it. keep writing lovey.

J said...

thanks, i really appreciate it