02 December 2008

dreams

Over these last two months with writing this blog I've learned a lot about myself. This blog has been helpful and has kept me sane with all the pressure I've been under these last couple of weeks. I've mad some bad decisions, I've had my moments of weakness, but I've learned from these experiences and I'm grateful for that.

For example, me and Dummy finally had a conversation about what transpired before I left for break. He didn't want to do this in my room so I decided to let him have the upperhand and went over to his place. The conversation was short, he apologized, I forgave him and he just explained to me what he was feeling in that moment.

He said we had became close over the semester and he was glad we could be friends, but somewhere, somehow he started feeling some sexual things towards me. It scared him because he always assumed he was straight and still feels he is because he doesn't feel this way about any other guy. But it was the fact he felt some strange connection with me that he felt he needed to act on it, so when I responded and didn't pull away he was just caught up in the moment and when I abruptly ended it he didn't know how to react.

He felt he had just made the stupidest decision in his life, he was scared what would happen next, and his fight or flight mechanism told him to fight so he lashed out in anger. I've been there before so I accepted his apology, gave him a hug, told him I'd see him tomorrow to finish our project and went back to my dorm.

But the reason I'm writing this post is because I feel if I don't try for something I've always wanted then why do I even wake up in the morning. SO I've decided to apply for a Maymester Study Abroad to France. The program is basically my biggest wet dream and I'm really excited for the first time in my life.

Basically the program revolves around the Cannes Film Festival which is happening around the same time. I haven't looked at the application closely, but I just saw that it requires that you submit a writing sample so over the next few days I plan on scowering the internet for this short story that I wrote in high school about a year ago. I'm hoping its still on my myspace so I can bulk it up, and edit it.

I'm also planning on finally writing a movie script that I've been procrastinating about since high school. I have an idea, I know how I want it to begin but no clue on how it should end so be looking out for that, because I may need you guys help.

Another project I've always wanted to do is a television show. But I only have ideas, but after seeing what a UGA alumnus has done, I know its possible for me to do the same. The idea I've always had was to do a black teen drama. The closest I've seen my entire life would have to be Baldwin Hills on BET, which is basically the black version of Laguna Beach and the Hills, both great shows but not what I wanna do.

I really want to craft a show that shows the world the varying issues that we all face. I want a show that can become apart of pop culture and american culture. Something alone the lines of Beverly Hills, Melrose Place, with a little Saved By the Bell and Moesha thrown into the mix. I just want a show that tackles the issues that the youth of America is faced with. Maybe I should just write a new version of Degrassi, because I guess that would be the type of show I want. A multiracial, varying religions, varying thoughts all colliding in a one hour drama of real high school kids.

But these are all thoughts in my mind until I actually take the time to sit down and put them on paper. So my goal is to start working on the first two this weekend after I finish my two essaqys that are due Thursday.

0 comments: