19 November 2008

counting down the days

I can't wait I only have six more days and my life with Portuguese is over. It's been a hard semester, but luckily I pulled my shit together and should come out with a solid B. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that me and foreign languages just don't get alone.

After not learning anything from two years of Spanish I should have known Portuguese would be more of the same, but I wanted to at least give it a shot. I met a lot of cool people, some more so than other so I'm glad I took the class, but I also learned that I'm a visual learner.

And you can't be a visual learner in foreign language classes, it just nothing to visualise. I will say conjugating verbs is something I can do all day because I can visualise where the endings are. Its hard to describe but so far that has been my saving grace in Portuguese.

1 comments:

Aek said...

I beg to disagree. You can totally visualize languages. It's different though, it's a bit more abstract.

At least Chinese is all visual, haha. You can totally understand the meaning of words without being able to say them. Also, there's a study that suggests that even in English, as long as the word "looks" right, you'll be able to read it.