20 October 2008

haircuts

I haven't gotten a haircut since August 31, and I got that when I went home for a football game. But I have something important tomorrow so decided to go out in the big city of Athens, and find a barber shop.

It was pretty hard to do. All the barber shops I found downtown were white barbers, and where I'm from black people cut black people hair and white people cut white people hair. Maybe that's just my town, but I didn't want to chance a haircut and decided to keep looking.

Well I eventually find one on Macon highway, about three miles from my dorm and I really believe I was meant to get a haircut there. I walked in and the guy greeted me, and started cutting my hair. He asks me some questions, I told him some answers and that led to him showing me the magazine he publishes.

I'm going to school to become a graphic designer and he needs some interns for his magazine, so now I have a connection and maybe even a job. I guess only time will tell.

0 comments: