18 October 2008

homecoming

This week has been homecoming here at UGA. There's been several different events that everyone could participate in and concluded in the football game today against Vanderbilt. We won, but I guess the one i was most excited about was the concert with T-Pain.

I was apprehensive about going to it at first, but caved in at the end. This would be my first concert ever, and i feel like this will follow me for the rest of my life. How can i tell my kids my first concert was T-Pain. No offense to him, i think he's one of the most talented people in the world and has changed the game completely. I mean if you can influence Kanye West to make a whole album singing using the vocoder then you deserve your place in history. I mean he as on thirty-seven songs in one year.

But i still didn't want this to be my first concert of my life, yet i still went. It was suppose to begin at eight but it didn't start until a quarter to nine. T-Pain didn't start performing until around nine and it as over a lil' after ten. So i wouldn't even consider it a real concert. Maybe an apperance.

The show was good, it couldv'e been a lot better, but it was worth the free price of admission so its not like i'm upset. He had these two guys with face paint on that were suppose to "dance" around the stage the whole time, but i don't think you can call what they did dancing so maybe they were just stage props. But other than that it was good.

The only thing i wish was that he would have performed more of his new stuff, and actually performed one whole song instead of snippets of songs he's made or appeared on.

0 comments: