09 May 2009

letter to athens

Dear Athens,

It was nine months ago when we first met. You weren't like the other cities I visited, there was something special about you. You reminded me of home, but you were different. You were better, but I didn't expect for you to change me the way you did. I was a lost boy when we met, but now I'm well on my way to becoming the man I know I can be, and I have you to thank for that.

Me and you have been through a lot this past year, but you were always there when I needed you. If I ever needed some time to think things over then I knew all I had to do was walk outside, lay on the grass, and look at your night sky. It was always so peaceful and serene and the reason I stayed sane. There were many nights when I just needed to get away and you showed me how. All it took was a quick walk, a quick jog and everything fell in place. It never failed and I knew everything would work out somehow, and it always did.

You introduced me to my first boy crush and what a whirlwind of emotions that was. Never before had I felt any of those emotions and at times it was overwhelming, but I survived and I'm glad it happened.

You introduced me to a few people that I hope remain apart of my life for a long time. Each one has left an imprint on my heart, and they deserve nothing but the best. I'm gonna miss each and everyone, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to be apart of their lives.

Athens though our time was short, I will never forget everything that happened. Only you and I know all the shit that truly happened, and if walls could talk then they would only tell half the story. But if the sky could talk then....

Yours Truly,
J
the muthafuckin inebriated one

2 comments:

Aek said...

I think you meant "half the story." ;-)

Touching letter, btw. :)

J said...

dammit, now i have to go fix it