06 May 2009

death of cali

I'm sitting here trying to study for my art history final tomorrow, and ended up in a conversation with Em, where I came to the conclusion that I probably won't be getting a pet fish anytime soon. At the moment it just doesn't make sense to buy one. My pet fish, Cali, was suppose to be a good luck charm so I would get admitted into Otis. Well I'm officially a student, so she served her purpose and I didn't even have to buy it.

The other thing is I live all the way on the east, and LA is way over there on the west. In my mind I plan on taking a road trip and driving to cali. It only takes a day and eight hours and if I divided that up over a few days then it shouldn't be so bad. Unfortunately, the powers that be aren't really feeling this idea. I've always wanted to take a road trip, but they don't seem to care. They plan on buying me a plane ticket and shipping my stuff. Which is reasonable, but it also means I will be without a car and unable to drive up to Upland every weekend to see my baby x. Sad right, but I guess I'll survive. There's always public transportation and I actually enjoyedd riding the busses this year, I always meet random people that always have a story to tell.

So basically either way my poor fish, Cali, would not make the trek out west, and would probably end up dying like most of my characters during a game of Oregon Trail. So I think I'm gonna put the fish on hold and try to come up with a new name for him/her. Right now Blog and Freshy is winning, but I'm up for suggestions. I want smething random or weird nothing normal like Penelope. I mean what the fuck was she thinking when she named her fish that.

8 comments:

x! said...

I don't live in "Upland" any more. :D Remember? I moved.

To Cow City USA.

XP

Speaking of Oregan Trail, I was playing it the other day. I named my a child J.

You drowned.

:(

J said...

i just went through seven emotions while reading that comment.

dumbness 4 forgetting u moved
amazement b/c i was born in cow city, USA
XP for XP
awwwww cause u named a child after me
sadness cause i drowned
and amazement b/c i cant swim in real life and i cant swim in the oregin trail, how realistic is that

Aek said...

Why not have your car shipped to you in CA?

Anyway, you should've played as either the doctor (for better survival) or the banker (to buy survival) in Oregon Trail. I find that, if you play as anything other than those two, you'll die easier.

Why not name your fish: Epic.

S said...

Not having a car can be a blessing. LA area traffic is a nightmare and I hear the public transport isn't too bad.

Maybe you can convince them if someone drove with you (that's how my bro did it.)

J said...

yeah thats what i want to do, cause i dont wanna drive all the way to cali by myself that would be boring

J said...

i might end up taking my friend up on her offer to fly me out there cause she has her ilots license and she knows some ppl that lets her use their plane

catchingupat20 said...

Umm .. i lived in Westchester/Culver City area less than 2 miles from Otis, and commuted to school in Brentwood on the bus. And that was no walk in the park. Public transit on the Westside is iffy at best. BRING YOUR CAR.

Cash said...

As much as I love public transit and hate cars . . . Life just doesn't work that way in LA. Everyone you'll know, and most places you'll need or want to get to will be way too far for the crappy bus system. And the light rail is still pretty inconvenient, or at least dependent on you driving your car to it.
WEST SIDE Born & raised.