29 March 2009

new layout

I think this will be the final layout change. I actually like this one so expect it to stay this way for a while, especially since x! wants to have sex with it. So I think we have a winner on our hands. There may be a few changes to it in a bit, I'm working on adding a Important Posts link in one of the sidebars, and I plan on changing the links up top. Maybe one to include my artwork.

But the real point of this post is to ask for you guys' opinion. At the moment I'm considered an INTENDED art major, which means I don't actually have a major until I pass my portfolio review on May 1. In order to do that I have to submit 5 pieces, four of which my instructors can help me with, and one of which I have to do by myself. This piece has to fall under the theme of "Secret Spaces." This would be so much easier for me if I didn't always think of secret places, but I figured I would do something with a theme of music. So I sketched out an idea I wanna do and I'm just wondering what you guys think. Its only a sketch but I plan on making it be all black and white except for the headphones so they stand out.


So if you saw this would you believe it could be something with the theme of "Secret Spaces."

8 comments:

Aek said...

I like this picture a lot! :D

I think all your blog needs is a banner pic, one that fits in with the green in your blog.

a.b. said...

Love the new layout.

Love the sketch! Definitely a great start. If you're fitting it into the theme of "Secret Spaces", you might consider having the words floating around her or surrounding her somehow; maybe sinking into it. It would give more of the sense that she was hidden inside the music.

Of course, just my opinion. You're the artist, let the image come to you organically... you'll know when it feels right.

J said...

i actually like that idea a lot and will probably try it out in the next sketch

x! said...

Do I suck if I don't understand the theme "secret spaces"? I was thinking a cave.

J said...

no you dont suck, and a cave would work but im tryna do something out of the box and a cave would be too obvious. or im just really overthinking it.

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Yup - banner pic is what you need - the one that you used to have was great - each panel told a bit of your story ... it worked, I thought.

As for secret places, with 'music' as the themed background image - you could have glimpses of images within the music ... half a face, a fragment of a landscape, anything that you think about, but keep secret ...
G =]

Windy City Sex blog said...

Secret space is an idea that is open to interpretation but I think of the place where I go to get away from things or the place in your head you escape from reality. Or maybe it's you blog, your secret place.

inundated soul said...

if you consider ur art to be like ''poetry'' maybe you shudnt have the words music in the background but rather have things that reflect music so ppl can deduce that the secret place is escaping to listening to music. its good to make ppl think about what they are seeing so they can have several opinions. i know its only a rought sketch but i do like how you have her hair dancing. im sure the end product will be GREAT!