28 January 2009

love would be nice

Love would be nice, but I've never had it. Is love even real? Love that's unconditional no matter how many times I screw up you never stay mad at me, and you're always there when I need you. Are you out there, cause if you are I could really use you right now.To come to Georgia and just sweep me off my feet.

Love. Its a word I throw around too much, but in my eighteen years of living I've come to the conclusion I've never experienced it. I've only had the shallow, less satisfying cousins of it. A really strong like and an even stronger lust. I guess I'm to easy when it comes to love too.

All you really need is a cute face, throw some nice compliments at me, recite a couple of lines from your favorite movie, tell me you like frosted flakes over froot loops, and can enjoy a nice cup of Sunny Delight orange juice and you've got me right where you want me. So what's a guy to do. Sit here and wait for prince charming or wonder woman to come and sweep me of my feet or keep falling in like and lust and hope that beneath the glossy surface theres a heart just waiting to be filled with everything I have to give.

3 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

If only I knew the answer - I thought I found it once - for me now, love is always there; to be shared, but only as an idea - not physically - always constrained by past events, present events, and commitments - but love (as I understand it) all the same. No conditions; accepting. No judgement; attempting to understand.

To find the all-encompassing love that you seek is worth the search, worth the wait, worth the patience. Just never, never, never give up! G =]

Rex said...

your musings are always interesting.

I wish I knew the answer to love, or lack of love...

Love is always there, but not always in the form we want...

J said...

youre right rex, and i think im finally starting to realize that