24 November 2008

almost just died

I almost just died. I was walking back from the dining hall and there's this pedestrian crosswalk and all traffic is suppose to yield. So its raining, but being a country boy I love walking in the rain.

So I look to see any cars, none were close so I step out and BOOM. In my head I'm thinking
What the fuck. I'm just gonna let them hit me, I need some money. I'm broke and somebody has to buy my books for the next semester why not let it be them. Then something else told me jump back. You don't have insurance so whose gonna pay your hospital bills. Just jump back.
And thats what I did, I jumped back and avoided getting hit by this green car. I guess it was a great decision because the cops here suck. My friend got hit by car because a car ran a red light and hit him while he was on his bike. The bad thing is the cops report said there was no eye witnesses to this crime, and even though the car was in the wrong he's not liable to replace my friends bike or hospital bills.

What kind of shit is that.

0 comments: