28 January 2009

otis college of art & design

I really want to go to this school. I really do. There's no way to describe how much I want this right now. My stomach is turning and I have this omnimous feeling, which only makes me think this is where I'm meant to be.

Its a private school and they only have a little over a thousand students enrolled so that kind of worries me a bit. They're are some things that I feel work towards my advantage. I'm a guy and the school is mostly female, I'm from out of state, and only five percent of the school is black. So hopefully these three factors will work into my favor.

So now the hard part is up to me. I have to fill out an application. Create a portfolio. And wait for their answer, which would come three weeks after I apply. Wish me luck, because I don't think I've ever wanted something as much as I want this right now.

---------------
Editors Note: I wrote this post Saturday, January 24 and have since been notified by a friend of some other schools out in the area that I'm looking into. But as of now Otis is still my first choice.

3 comments:

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Shizz - I missed this ... write the form, draw, paint, photograph, all the stuff you need to do to make this a knockout portfolio. Stay in - keep well - avoid meteors - eat your greens - do everything you can to get where you want to be. People who want your time will have to wait - if they love you, they will be happy at your silence, and ecstatic for any seconds you have to spare. But work! (for now!!)

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Just read the admissions page at Otis: "The admissions process, which gauges applicants' potential for success, identifies creative students who will work hard and take risks."
If that isn't you, I haven't been listening. Good luck with your application. G =]

J said...

thanks