18 December 2008

shadow



Since school being out until January I've had a lot of free time on my hand recently. I've used most of it to start back writing and finding new music, but also to find some of my old music that I've neglected. In the process I found my old Ashlee Simpson cd, Autobiography.

I could care less what anybody else think, but her first cd was one of those once in a lifetime experiences for me. It was a great album and I became an instant fan. It didn't hurt that the one girl I was crushing on was in love with her at the time, but now she's all about Hayley Williams from Paramore, which could explain why I'm such a Paramore fan now.

But the one song that always stuck with me was Shadow. I'm sure we've all felt like we couldn't live up to our parents expectations at some point in our lives. I have on more than one occasion, and it only got worse as I grew up. The fact that I was the quiet middle child of two louder, attention craving brothers didn't help me either. So when the song came out it hit a string in me and I was hooked on Ashlee from that moment.

Thats all I wanted to say. I plan on changing things around my blog soon. It should be for the better, but the most exciting thing that happened to me today was the fact that I was in an accident today. Yay me, right. I was driving to pick my younger brother up from school and this car brushed into me. He was trying to turn left, and if the car behind him wouldn't have swerved right then I could have been hit twice. The dent isn't to bad, but I think I have a flat tire on the passenger side. The other guy got a ticket and now maybe my mom can get her window fixed too. I guess the only good thing that could come out of this would be, me getting a car.

A boy can hope right. Atleast I've gotten over one of my biggest fears of being in a car accident now.

0 comments: