27 December 2008

marriage

I've never told anyone this, but I bought a ring once. I saved up money from my job and was planning on asking K to marry me after graduation. I don't know why I bought the ring, but somewhere I just knew that she was the one for me and I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life.

Now I didn't want to be one of those kids that marry their high school sweetheart straight out of high school, have kids, and end up regretting it all at the end of the day. I had a plan. Ask her to marry me. She says yes. We get engaged. Wait until we both graduate from college and then marry. It was simple as that. Nothing would change, and if we met someone while we were away at college that we felt was better for ourselves then so be it. We would break off the engagement.

I mean I have dreams, I have goals and so does K. I didn't want us to put that aside just for a marriage, but I felt that I had found my love and I wanted to declare it so I bought a ring. Well I never asked K, she never got the ring, and I finally returned it. Something happened a week after I bought it. K came out to me and it only made me want to marry her more. In my mind this only proved that we were meant to be together, who could understand me more than a bisexual exlover and best friend, but then she told me that she was in love.

I didn't think much of it, because she throws that word around a lot. I been through at least five or six boyfriends and one girlfriend where she was in "love," but she always ended back up in my arms. But it was different this time. I watched her go through so much for this girl and when graduation came around I couldn't ask her to marry me because she wasn't in love with me. I don't think she ever was. She loved this girl in a different way than I'd ever seen her love someone, so I kept the ring and put it away.

Me and K will probably never end up together in the long run, but if there's anything that we have in common we always fuck up our relationships and somehow find ourselves looking at each other at the end of the day. So if history repeats itself we'll both be 99 years old sitting in an old folks home rocking in our rocking chair with me laughing at her talking about all the other old people, and I can leave with that.

But the whole point of this post is the fact that I need a job. I'm broke and the summer is almost here, and I also don't have a home. When school is out I have nowhere to put my plasma tv, my mini refrigerator, or even my clothes. Sad right. So I think I'm going to be moving in with K this summer after I get back from France in May. She's suppose to be getting an apartment and told me she wanted me to stay with her during the Summer. I think I'm gonna take her up on that offer. We were always at our best in the Summer months. I think it has to do with the depletion of the ozone and global warming. Who knows.

0 comments: