26 November 2008

young x-men


I didn't want to bog the blog down with another personal post, so I decided to share with you all another one of my loves. Over the summer I recently discovered that I really like comics. A friend of mine introduced me to the Runaways series and it instantly meshed with where I was in life.

The next step for me was obviously X-men. I loved all the movies, all the cartoon shows, so I felt it was time I head to the source material. So far they've all been good and I fell in love with the New X-Men update that they had been doing, but eventually it was cancelled and they created a new series called the Young X-Men for whatever reasons.

The series started off rough. I couldn't really get through most of the issues, but I wanted to get through the first four for the simple fact it still involved one of my favorite new mutants Dust. Well I'm glad I stuck with it, because it has completely turned around with the seventh issue. To find out that one of them isn't a mutant and one is dying just completely blew my mind. I'm really looking forward to where it all goes now.

0 comments: